Once you’ve made up your mind to work on your home and fix it, then you should go slowly and start with one section at a time. It’s also a great time to have a clear-out, so if you come across things you don’t need then take them to the charity shop or if you need to keep them then look into storage camberley.
Simply section off each task you need to do and this will make maintaining your home a lot easier. It will only take you a couple of hours per week for a few days and the job will be done. This will undoubtedly make your home the most aesthetic and well maintained in the entire neighborhood.
We will now look at a couple of things you should place on your checklist.
Home Maintenance Tasks on a Weekly Basis
You need to ensure that your weekly home care routine focuses on the key parts of your home. This will ensure that the right tasks are being undertaken.
To start with you should thoroughly vacuum your entire home as well as mop any tile or hardwood floors. This will get rid of surface dust and debris.
Next, you should clean the bathroom if you are sectioning different tasks separately.
So, for example, if you’re going to clean the drain in your shower then you should use the Zip It tool in order to remove hair that is clogging the drain. Then, you should fix the grout in your tub. Be sure to also clean your appliances using a microfiber cloth and you may want to do different appliances at different times to make it a bit easier.
Next, there will be certain maintenance tasks that are best to do on a monthly basis but you’ll need to select a particular day that you’ll do those tasks every month.
Some of the tasks that should be done monthly are:
- Checking the carbon monoxide and smoke detectors to ensure they are working and replace batteries if necessary.
- Thoroughly cleaning the range hood and filter.
- Cleaning and polishing light fixtures, furniture (wood), baseboards etc.
- Replacing or cleaning the furnace filter which would help to lower overall costs.
- Checking the fire extinguisher to ensure it is in good condition and charged.
- Checking the external premises around the home for issues such as broken windows, animal or insect nests, damaged guttering, overgrown plants or trees etc.
When you take the time to look for these issues and fix them, it will ensure that they don’t get worse over time.
There are certain tasks that are best done in a yearly basis and they include:
- Cleaning out and organising the cellar, garage, loft etc.
- Thoroughly cleaning the guttering, getting rid of unnecessary plants, cutting trees.
- Taking down curtains and putting up new ones.
- Improving your outdoors in some way. For example, installing a concrete driveway, building a deck, adding a fence.
- Cleaning the window screens and windows.
- Painting the interior and exterior of the home as well as cleaning every room in the home thoroughly.
These tasks will greatly affect how your home looks, feels and its overall value. When it comes to the yearly maintenance tasks, you should be patient and take as much time as you need to check everything that needs to be completed. It is also a good idea to look into self storage units that are located near to your home.
You will likely have to decide and focus on particular maintenance projects. You’ll then need to decide on which days you’ll work on each one. You may want to do all of your projects at the same time for the best results. However, ensure that you identify the most important projects first and complete them before working on other projects that aren’t as crucial.
Once you take these steps you’ll definitely see a change in your home with superior results and your home will always be well maintained.